Quarterly Carbon Market Report
The Clean Energy Regulator’s Quarterly Carbon Market Report provides a regular view of supply and demand across the carbon markets we administer and explores key factors that influence market performance. The report also provides information on trends and opportunities that may inform market decisions.
The report provides information on the three markets administered by the Clean Energy Regulator—large-scale generation certificate (LGCs), small-scale technology certificate (STCs) and Australian carbon credit unit (ACCUs).
Highlights for Quarter 3 2019
- Implementation of the Climate Solution Fund including co-design with industry to bring new approaches
- Potential convergence of ACCU and LGC markets driven by voluntary demand
- RET and ERF schemes make a substantial contribution to reducing emissions in Australia of at least 50 MT CO2-e per year
- Investment in new large-scale renewables continues at a moderated pace
- Substantial growth in mid-scale commercial and industrial solar
- Strong growth continues in the small-scale renewable energy scheme with another record year in 2019 certain
For the September Quarter 2019, see the Quarterly Carbon Market Report – September Quarter 2019.
Data for the graphs within the report is provided in the Quarterly Carbon Market Report – September Quarter 2019 workbook.